If you’re a business owner or content creator, you probably have experienced that dreaded writer’s block at one point or another. Even if you have time in your schedule especially for writing blog posts, what if you don’t know where to begin? The solution is these blog writing prompts.
Writer’s block is a real form of entrepreneur procrastination, and it can feel insurmountable. In reality, you might just be waiting for the right blog writing prompts to get the ball rolling. Whether you’re a full-time freelancer, you’re taking your side hustle full-time, or you’re building a startup, the right blog posts set your business apart.
A reported 80% of online users interact with blogs and social posts regularly. This means you can’t ignore your blog, even if writer’s block is trying to get in the way. Here are 40 blog writing prompts for every business to beat writer’s block once and for all.
When in doubt, educate your audience about something they’re interested in. As a business owner, you have some kind of value to offer your readers. These blog writing prompts below are perfect for providing value and leveraging your expertise for good.
- Solve one of your customer’s biggest problems.
- Compare two solutions for a common problem.
- Review or explain your favorite tool, software, or product.
- Share research about your industry.
- Create a share a case study featuring your best client/customer.
- Explain an industry problem (with your favorite solution).
- Share the top lessons you’ve learned in your business.
- Write about assumptions people make about your industry.
- Share tips for someone new to this business.
- Describe your average day-in-the-life.
Everyone needs inspiration from time to time. If you’re not sure how to educate while stuck in your writer’s block, these blog writing prompts are here to spark your own inspiration so you can lead others.
- Share your biggest achievement and how you got there.
- Who is your biggest role model?
- List and review the best movies for entrepreneurs in your industry.
- Highlight your favorite quotes.
- How do you pick yourself up after a bad day?
- Describe a time you almost gave up.
- What’s the hardest part about your job? How do you deal with it?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
- Share your favorite podcasts for entrepreneurs.
- Which mindset upgrades changed your life?
As a content creator, it’s okay to get personal on your blog. Being yourself online is one of the best ways to stand out with your branding. This helps you connect with your audience and your niche in a unique way.
- How did you get your start?
- Did you always know what you wanted to be when you grew up?
- What’s your 5-year plan?
- Which apps help you get more done?
- What’s a book that had an impact on your life?
- What’s your biggest fear or need?
- Why did you choose to start this business or blog?
- What’s your business manifesto?
- List 10 things that help make your life easier.
- What’s your favorite part of the work you do?
Last but not least, blogs can be used to connect with your network and community. If you’re not sure what to write about, why not shout out some of your favorite blogs, websites, tools, and fellow business owners?
- Share a Q&A with another professional.
- Do a link roundup
- Share your favorite blog posts (that you didn’t write).
- Invite a guest blogger to share content.
- Quote tips or stats from top experts.
- Review an industry-specific book.
- Highlight your favorite networking events and how to get involved.
- Ask your audience to submit questions to answer on the blog.
- Share someone else’s story.
- Write an open letter to other members of your industry.
Create Compelling Blog Content
No matter your goals with your blog, it’s important to always have a fresh stream of content. You can create a posting schedule that works for you, but then it’s up to you to stick with it. Whether you post weekly, monthly, or a few times a year, make each publication count.
Luckily, it doesn’t have to be a challenge to come up with the best blog writing prompts. These ideas listed above are perfect for any niche at any time. What’s holding you back?